Friday, January 23, 2015

SHOT Show - Report #3 maybe

well, we are just about to the end of the shot show, and I'm just about worn out to, so with a little luck it should come out just about even! I forgot to load some image processing software onto my netbook that I need to edit photos that I take here at the show so that they are cropped properly and of a reasonable size, and in some cases that I can do groups of pictures and modify them all at the same time. I will have to get all of my shot show pictures posted probably next week, once I get home and have access to my main computers.

 Yesterday was a very busy day, and I kind of ran out of gas before getting a second post posted. My feet were killing me so right after the show I went to the first shots reception, and right after that went back to the hotel took and ibuprofen, and propped my feet up, shortly thereafter I fell asleep!

 Yesterday at the show some of the highlights included visiting with the folks at the high standard pistol booth, saying hi to Charles Brown at MKS supply ( MKS supply was one of the original sponsors of the gun blogger rendezvous, and every year they donate  a Hi-Point carbine). at the Ruger booth I took a good look at the new Ruger LCR  revolver with the exposed hammer, super light frame, and 3 inch barrel. The trigger action is amazingly good and they have redesigned the grip so it is very comfortable. It also has an adjustable rear sight. Not only is it small and light you may actually be able to hit something with it!

I stopped at the Chiappa  Booth and took a look at their three barrel shotgun. They now have a short barrel version of it that looks Like it would be absolutely terrifying to a bad guy!! I have no reason to own one myself, but it is so cool looking that I want one anyway!

 at the CCI booth I ran into Todd Jarrett  and we talked a bit about rimfire ammunition availability.  He says that nationwide rimfire ammunition availability is improving but still has a long ways to go.

 Yesterday I stopped for a bit at the tactical solutions booth and visited with all of the gang. We are considering what it would take to modify a tactical solutions barrel so that it could be mounted onto my high standard match pistol. I think that if we start with a partially machined barrel for the Ruger takedown 22/45,  it can be shortened up and finish machined so it would fit a high standard. That could be a fun project that would result in a really nice barrel.  In another booth I spoke to a fellow who manufactures extremely high accuracy 22 caliber barrel blanks.  That may be a good way to go for the high standard too,  and that may even result in something that I could manufacture in my own shop for resale.

 Today the show and is at 4 PM, and at 530 there is a post-show gathering put on by Michael Bane  to which I have been invited. Unfortunately, it is several miles from my hotel, and there is no easy and inexpensive transportation available to get there and back. I may be able to hitch a ride, but nothing for certain yet. I'm sure it would be a very fun get-together as I probably know just about everyone who will be there. However, I do have two leave the hotel rather early tomorrow morning to get back to the airport to fly home, so if I am unable to attend the reception/gathering/whatever  that may not necessarily be entirely a bad thing, although I really would like to be there!

 that's about it for now, and my next project to find a place where my phone works so I can arrange the shuttle pickup tomorrow morning to get to the airport. Once that is done, then I am off to the show floor for the rest of the day.

 More later maybe...........

1 Comments:

At Friday, January 23, 2015 11:49:00 AM, Blogger Merle said...

Can't the hotel make shuttle arrangements for you?

It's always a mixed emotions kind of a day on the last day of a big event; sad there's no more to see, but glad the walking is over.

Merle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted